Saturday, July 2, 2011

I haven't posted in awhile (obviously). I don't like to "talk" when I am irritated and for approximately the last two weeks, I have been a little bit perturbed. Why? Well, as it turns out, I have really started to like running. It's quite miraculous because a month ago I still despised it, but did it because it was the fastest, easiest, and cheapest way to burn calories. I progressed at a snails pace, but gradually increased speed and distance. Then one day, about a month ago, I said to myself, "that was sort of fun." I'm not sure if that's exactly how it went, but I have started to really like running: there is something about not needing anything but a pair of sneakers-- and truly you don't even need them. I am all for minimalism.

So, now back to why I was irritated: INJURY! I am still not sure if I hurt my Achilles or peroneal tendon (or maybe it was neither), but what I do know is I could barely walk let alone run. Talk about frustrating! I believe it had something to do with running on sand over vacation. I had just cancelled my YMCA membership, but thankfully it is paid through mid-July so I have been able to use the recumbent bike and run in the pool while waiting for my ankle to heal. Well, last night, I was able to fast walk three miles with little pain. I am so thankful, because, honestly, I was beginning to worry that I'll never run again. I know that sounds crazy, but I can't remember ever being injured before and I was so disappointed that I just started worrying when I should have had more faith. I knew my mom, daughters, and Crystal were praying for me, and for that I am VERY thankful.

Tonight I will be heading out to walk again. My goal is to run a short distance Monday and see how my ankle responds. I'm hoping for the best!

2 comments:

  1. Tanya I'm so glad you are able to get back out there even if it isnt a run, a fast walk is great! You were limping last time I saw you. God is healing you and I will continue to pray my friend!!!!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete