Saturday, July 16, 2011

There's nothing like running nearly 5 miles with an Egg McMuffin at the half-way mark on a gorgeous morning. :) I am bored easily and therefore am trying to find ways to make my runs more interesting. You would think I run 20 miles to have a chance to get bored, but nope--I get bored after about two or three. I am, of course, a new runner and hope to gradually increase mileage. Right now, 3.5 is as long as I go without walking, but know, even then, I could run another mile or more if I didn't talk myself out of it. Until then, I am having fun mapping out routes that end at yummy destinations. Yesterday, it was a 3.3 mile route ending at Tropical Smoothie. Because I have to walk home then, I am still able to burn calories-- food in hand! Tomorrow, I am thinking a Subway breakfast sandwich is a good idea. I LOVE food, and if it motivates me to run farther, then awesome!

Four more days until Phoebe comes home!!! I can't wait! She was supposed to come up by car with her grandmother yesterday, but plans changed. She is now flying up on Wednesday with her friend and a friend of Olivia's. Their friends will be visiting for a week. We have many fun things planned such as seeing Harry Potter 7 in IMAX, glow-in-the-dark mini-golf, and Hershey Park. I am sure shopping will be on their agenda as well. But that they will have to do that on their own because I'd rather get a filling than shop at the mall. Now that I can no longer shop at Gymboree for my "little girls", shopping has completely lost its appeal.

Today, Olivia and I plan on continuing our organizing frenzy begun yesterday. She turned their bedroom and closet upside down making it look absolutely amazing! I organized my desk and the school supplies as I plan on ordering this years school books in the next week or so.

Well, I'm off to do chores! :) Happy Saturday all.

No comments:

Post a Comment