Monday, July 11, 2011

Can I just start by saying that I NEVER want summer to end? I just love this season, and seeing school supplies in Walmart the other day reminded me that another school year will indeed arrive despite my objections.

Olivia and I have been having a fun week trying to stay busy while Phoebe is visiting friends and family in North Carolina. We lived near Wilmington, NC for ten years, and my girls will always consider it "home". But Olivia and I miss Phoebe so much! She flew down on Wednesday and will be traveling back Friday the 15th by car with my mother-in-law. She will be bringing one of her best friends, Heather, with her to visit with us for a week. They have been friends since the first grade, and I am thrilled that she is able to spend time with her even if it's lonely here without her.

Tonight Olivia and I are going to Barnes and Noble. It's been a favorite "hang out" spot for us for over ten years. We used to do our homeschool lessons at the Barnes and Noble in North Carolina, and I spent many hours studying for my college exams there. Thank God for Frappucinos and stuffed pretzels!!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention--- my ankle is BETTER!!!! I am so incredibly thankful and happy :) I was able to run over 3 miles for the last three days without a problem, so I am ready to add some mileage and see how it goes. I may even go for a second run this evening. I like running twice a day. (Mostly because I can eat more!) I've had ice cream three times this week! So far, Lapp Valley Farm Peanut Butter Ripple is my favorite!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE summer too!!!!!
    Glad your ankle is better!!! Yay!!
    Running twice a day? You're my hero!!!

    ReplyDelete