Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day! What a beautiful weekend we had here. Our holiday was very relaxing-- no big cookout or party to attend. Saturday was typical with me wrapping nearly 300 newspapers in preparation for delivery of the Sunday paper and Olivia has her cello lessons on Saturdays while Phoebe works until 3.

Hubby and I also gave our garage a make-over. We had a box spring, love seat, chair, dresser, side table, bike, metal bed frame and a lamp that we needed to get out of there. I couldn't even concentrate on organizing until they were gone. Now had I prepared, I may have gotten a little money for a few of those items, but I was not going to be patient. So I checked the price of junk removal and almost passed out at the estimate. Yeah right! I immediately advertised a few of the items on Craig's list for "free" and within minutes, I had emails and every item advertised was picked up with in hours! A few items, such as the 30 year old dresser, were not worth advertising. So, my husband had a fun time busting it up with his foot. It was more difficult than he thought--it was solid maple. But he enjoyed doing it. We then took the destroyed dresser and a few other items to our neighborhood dumpster and finished organizing the garage. It feels amazing to have that mostly finished. I just have about 10 boxes of books to go through yet-- most of which I intend to donate to the library-- we are huge fans of the public library and there nearly every week or two. They have the room and the book shelves; I do not.

Sunday I went to church alone. It wasn't supposed to be that way, but Phoebe spent the night at a friends, and my hubby overslept. I had to be there an hour early because I am a greeter and because it was so nice out, I decided to ride my bike (which is in rather bad shape). I didn't have time to check over the bike too much, but quickly inflated the tires and took off. Half way along the mere two-mile ride, I noticed the tires had gone flat making it rather difficult to move along and the gears kept slipping. With my pants rolled up to knee, I spent most the trip peddling in the standing position to keep the bike moving and felt super ridiculous! I pictured myself sweaty and red-faced with bugs in my hair by the time I reached church. :) I think I will get my bike serviced before I attempt that again.

We had a wonderful lunch after service at my parents house and later enjoyed some Maggie Moo's ice cream and mini-golfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment